Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Perspective

It was a bright sunny autumn day and I was just getting to work, standing at the Nurse’s Station to greet me was Zena, one of our facility residents. She had a big smile on her face and was dressed for the day. As I approached her she said, “Hi, Peggy.” I said hi back and as I did I noticed Zena’s shoes were on the wrong feet. I told Zena she looked really nice and we exchanged some pleasantries about the weather. However, before I walked away, I told Zena she may want to check her shoes because they appear to be on the wrong feet.

Zena looked at me with puzzlement in her eyes. Then she looked at her feet, then back at me, then at her feet again, then finally back at me and stated clearly,

“No those are my feet.”





(the real person's name was changed to protect her privacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment